Sunday, March 28, 2010

The O.R.

For clinical this week we got to go to the O.R. We were actually put in pairs of 2 and sent to different O.R's. I was sent to OutPatient...not that exciting. I watched 2 knee surgeries and when my last patient woke up, Morgan, from my class, came in and asked if I wanted to go watch a breast reduction. So I said I would go for a little since they said it was a 3-4 hour surgery. The Surgeon walked in and said, "I have been making them bigger all morning, and now I get to make them smaller." I thought they would cut a small incision and just suck out the fat, like lipo or something...well obviously I know nothing about breast reductions... it smelled bad, it was MESSY, and I saw a lot of fat. She must be really sore...

1 comment:

sarjuh said...

ew! someone should have just told that lady to have some kids and breast feed them.. then she wouldn't have had to go through all that pain!