Friday, January 22, 2010

Nursing School

Nursing school is going to be the death of me. I have SOO much to do and learn and that is why I am blogging!! I am putting off all of my studying! Tonight we learned how to give shots!! It was kind of unreal. I have just never imagined giving someone a shot before. We practiced on each other tonight and will give them to our patients starting Tuesday at Clinical. I only did TB shots because I was to afraid to give IM's on real people. haha. And for anyone who has given a TB shot you will notice I am doing it totally wrong(it was my first one)!! My poor patients next week!!! Thank goodness the girls in my class are so nice and they let me practice multiple times on them!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know how you don't pass out doing that. I would for sure.

hillary and britton said...

Ah! Giving shots, or receiving shots are exactly why I could never be a nurse!!! Keep practicing. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, I love your pictures!! You look so cute in your scrubs. And don't worry about doing it wrong. One time we were practicing shots and we were supposed to draw up the drug (which was really like 3 year old concentrated salt water) for the practice. But we were supposed to only shoot each other with normal saline. Well, I thought I had normal saline but I ended up shooting Rachael with the 3 year old concentrated salt water. No wonder it hurt badly and left a bump for months. You'll get better, I PROMISE!! you are such a cute nurse!