Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sick Baby


Sick babies are not fun.



Connor had a little cold for a week and I thought we got lucky that it never turned into a bad cold. Then 2 nights ago he started coughing a ton and it looked like he couldn't catch his breath when he would cough. So we took him to the doctors and sure enough he had Croup.

So the doctor gave him a steroid shot to help reduce the inflammation in his airway and we left. We have been doing lots of steamy showers and "sleeping" sitting up in a chair to help him sleep better. He gets up every 1-2 hours all night and will only go back to sleep if I feed him because he feels so bad. He is so sad and miserable when he wakes up coughing. I hope this ends sooner than later!! I feel so bad for sick babies!

Here he is watching a rudolph christmas movie I put on for him the other day...He loves TV and I really needed to get some cleaning done...bad me. I only left him there for about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

sarjuh said...

AW! Sick babies are the saddest hardest thing ever! I hope he gets better soon for both of you guys! And don't feel bad about leaving him there to watch some t.v. If it wasn't for movies sometimes, I would not get ANYTHING done!

Andrea said...

Poor guy. Nolan had the same thing and we were up feeding all night too. Those steroids are to blame. You are lucky he hasn't been sick until now! Get well soon Connor!

Andrea said...

Sick babies are NOT fun but those chunky thighs are pretty fun! He is getting so big!

P.S. That previous post by another Andrea kinda freaked me out... an Andrea posting about a Nolan... I thought Ryan had won!!! Haha